Should you need to move the main Veculim Server to another computer, please follow the steps below.
1. Firstly, make sure that Veculim is installed on the new computer as if this was a brand-new installation. You can follow the instruction in the Installing Veculim section. If this new computer was a workstation, then you need to run the install with the following command line parameter:
VeculimInitialInstall.exe /V FORCEREINSTALL 1
(NB! Make sure your path is correct eg. C:\Users\Zanite\Downloads\VeculimInitialInstall.exe /V FORCEREINSTALL 1)
2. Next, you need to copy the data from the old computer. Browse to the C:\ProgramData\Veculim folder and copy the SharedData folder to a USB drive (or via the network if the old server is visible from the new PC).
Please note. You might not be able to view the ProgramData folder by default as this is a system directory. Should this be the case, please ensure that all hidden folders are being displayed in windows explorer.
3. On the new computer, navigate to the same C:\ProgramData\Veculim\SharedData folder and delete the contents of the SharedData folder including sub-folders.
4. Lastly, copy the contents of the SharedData folder (or old server) from the USB drive to the new computer C:\ProgramData\Veculim\SharedData
5. Veculim should now be good to go on this PC. Run to verify that it is in fact accessing the "current" data.
6. If the old server must still be able to run Veculim but as a workstation, then you need to:
6.1. Uninstall Veculim.
6.2. Uninstall Firebird Server.
6.3. Create a new folder: C:\ProgramData\VeculimOld and copy the contents of the C:\ProgramData\Veculim folder to the newly created folder.
6.4. Delete the C:\ProgramData\Veculim
6.5. Delete the C:\Program Files (x86)\Veculim folder.
6.6. Perform step 7 on this old server as if it was an existing workstation.
7. If you have other workstations using Veculim, then on each workstation you need to:
7.1. Run \\NewServer\Veculim\VeculimInitialInstall.exe /V FORCEREINSTALL 1
NOTE: If you are not presented with the option to select a workstation or server install during the install, cancel the install and run regedit and manually remove the registry folder:
Then re-run \\NewServer\Veculim\VeculimInitialInstall.exe /V FORCEREINSTALL 1
7.2. Run Veculim from the shortcut and allow the firewall exception (if the firewall is presented).
7.3. Verify that the data viewed is the current data.